Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day Book Sunday - spring break


Outside my window...torrential rain - pouring so hard off the roof it's hard to hear anything said inside this room.

I am thinking...."Mustache March" is even less appealing than no-shave November. I am happy that there isn't a month for G- goatee or U - uni brow. But aren't they handsome?



I am thankful...while here on spring break, Mx will redo my seven year old computer that sounds like an airplane taking off. He built his own computer last year and works much better for much less than I could buy anywhere.

In the kitchen...Craig is making seafood gumbo.

I am creating...a plan to go on a photo expedition with M & Mx - just want the rain to slow a little first. We want to learn to develop our own black & white film here.

I am going... to visit my mother in law this week! We have been wanting to for quite a while.

I am wondering...after reading Mx's holocaust class paper how anyone could deny this horrible time in our history? We need to keep the lessons learned close in our memories. His paper assignment was to cover the death camps in detail; very gruesome and tragic. I am glad he is done writing it!

I am reading...same - Shores of Silver Lake and starting Farmer Boy. For me Pope Benedict's Jesus of Nazareth and Donna Marie Cooper O'Boyle's The Domestic Church.

I am hoping...Mx's grades are good this semester. He said a few classes are harder than he thought, but thinks he will do well. He is working very hard again. He is probably loosing his roommate: roommate was stopped and arrested for drugs in the vehicle and suspended from school. All the big university problems are still present at a small campus - just need to pray for their protection and use of common sense!

I am looking forward to...Big brother: Mx agreed to go with N next year for summer camp - a boy scout sea base sailing adventure. It would be a big trip for N at only 14 then. Mx went on a similar trip in his boy scout years out of the Bahamas and was able to take his scout cousin with him. They had a great time.

I am learning...how to make a roux for gumbo. Craig is such a good cook.

Around the house...lazy Sunday afternoon. Some are lazing around, some are working on their nature journals, one's napping - I should join her!

I am praying ...novena for St. Joseph feast day - still time to start today:
To thee, O blessed Joseph, do we have recourse in our tribulation, and, having implored the help of thy most holy Spouse, we confidently invoke thy patronage also. By that charity wherewith thou wast united to the immaculate Virgin Mother of God, and by that fatherly affection with which thou didst embrace the Child Jesus, we beseech thee and we humbly pray, that thou wouldst look graciously upon the inheritance which Jesus Christ hath purchased by His Blood, and assist us in our needs by thy power and strength. Most watchful guardian of the Holy Family, protect the chosen people of Jesus Christ; keep far from us, most loving father, all blight of error and corruption: mercifully assist us from Heaven, most mighty defender, in this our conflict with the powers of darkness; and, even as of old thou didst rescue the Child Jesus from the supreme peril of His life, so now defend God's Holy Church from the snares of the enemy and from all adversity; keep us one and all under thy continual protection, that we may be supported by thine example and thine assistance, may be enabled to lead a holy life, die a happy death and come at last to the possession of everlasting blessedness in Heaven. Amen.




A favorite quote for today... 
“He that is not with Me, is against Me.” Luke 11:23
If we aren't with Him, then whom are we with?


One of my favorite things...new lettuce plant - an indulgence while at our local nursery yesterday. Inviting salad ready to eat. I was assured it would be worth it!



A few plans for the rest of the week: No scheduled classes this week except nature journaling! Some of the kids are going to the rodeo. Hoping I can enlist them to mulch the garden areas and help get seeds started. Hosting teen group for Stations Friday, pray our 40 Days for Life parish Day. No big plans - loving that!

A peek into my day...
It's already been a long day (at only 12:30): with day light savings time, and our day to bring donuts for the parish, we got up extra early - then Mass and Sunday school and the long drive home - Missy L is a mess. (I always have a companion, even when sitting at my computer).

five minutes later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment