Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Day Book

Sunday, February 26, 2012


Outside my window...Sunny and 65 degrees, beautiful! My overgrown and neglected weedy garden is calling to me to get busy.

I am thinking...it is not unnecessary work, because I truly enjoy working in the dirt.  It is not my usual chore; it is therapy. I look forward to the quiet time or conversations with the sweet fellow gardener whose out there to keep me company.

I am thankful...for all the rain this winter. The dirt is moist and easy to weed.

In the kitchen...pot roast is slow cooking - but was delayed because the power went out, and the crock pot didn't turn itself back on.

I am wearing...old yellow tshirt and sweats that I don't mind getting dirty.

I am creating...plans for my garden. I want to expand it and till three rows for melons and corn, fence it to protect from deer, mulch paths around the beds and refresh the dirt. 

I am going...to get started on seeds next week to grow in the garage I am going to be very choosy what starter plants we add this year.

I am wondering...how the power in the house went off at the perfect time to flush everyone out in the backyard with me encouraging my husband to do large helpful turns in the weedy beds, making my job easy.

I am reading...The Power of the Positive Mom by Karol Ladd for me and By The Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder aloud, adding Robin Hood for N.

I am hoping...we are truly out of the drought this year. Last year I fought for my garden, despite the drought and high water bills until the deer started eating the tomato plants themselves (never saw that before). Then the poor creatures were eating the weeds out of my garden, for it was the only thing green around.

I am looking forward to...fried green tomatoes and homemade gazpacho as well as saving money on green and red bell peppers.

I am learning...patience, which is good since it is only February.

Around the house...dandelions are taking over the yard. We planted ten pallets of sod last spring and I want to freshen it up for Easter.

I am praying for...the health of my extended family: especially my Godmother/Aunt Gayle, Uncle Ky, Aunt LaTrieve and repose of the soul of my father in law JR. Cc added her brother Mx and cousin Patrick in our Sunday School intentions, so I'll add them too.


I am pondering...why my thighs hurt today. Could have been from carrying Missy L in the backpack on the ranch yesterday? Oh, no! It was from the aerobics paced Stations Friday night. hmmmm....

A favorite quote for today..."Constant complaint is the poorest sort of pay for all the comforts we enjoy." - Benjamin Franklin

One of my favorite things...freshly turned dirt, ready for planting.

A few plans for the rest of the week: probably routine of scouts, ballet, piano, math class, nature journal class, with daily mass, confession and Stations on Friday night.

A peek into my day...

The only thing the deer refused to each last year : one stubborn  cabbage plant. I will respectfully leave here to grow, (until I need the space.)



______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment